Banner image by Chanel Wheeler, via Wikimedia Commons
This largest-known petroglyph site in the Verde Valley is one of the best-preserved. It was acquired by the Coconino National Forest in 1994. The Verde Valley Archaeological Society and the Friends of the Forest provide interpretive tours and on-site management. The Red Rock Pass Program provides funding for the protection, enhanced amenities, and facility maintenance under authority of the National Recreation Enhancement Act of 2005.
There is a visitor center and bookstore, operated by the Forest Service and the Arizona Natural History Association,
The site has played an important role in distinguishing and documenting the Beaver Creek style, distinctive of southern Sinagua, and dating from about A.D. 1150 and 1400.