Camp Naco is located a stone’s throw from the Mexico-U.S. border, several miles west of Naco, Arizona. The facility was constructed between 1919 and 1922 as part of the War Department’s Mexican Border Defense project. The original plan called for construction of 35 buildings, but only 23 were ever completed. Four were recently destroyed by fire, underscoring the fragility of the compound and the urgency for preservation. The Naco Heritage Alliance has been established to pursue preservation, restoration, and educational activities related to Camp Naco. Click here to learn more about these efforts.